We love to see our CEM gamechangers! Congratulations to Melanie Weiner, CEM of Informa on receiving her CEM! Read how the knowledge she gained made her more confident in speaking with her show teams.
Hometown: New York
University of Education: The George Washington University
1. How has the CEM designation helped in your career?
I just received it two days ago! So time will tell.
2. Why is it important to maintain the CEM designation?
It will be important to maintain my CEM designation to keep up to date on industry trends and rules and connected with others in the industry outside of my company.
3. What made you want to obtain your CEM designation?
If I am being honest, it was something I never really considered. But once COVID hit and Informa Markets was offering it online, it felt like a great opportunity to refresh what I know or thought I knew.
4. What advice would you give to an aspiring individual who wants to apply for the CEM program?
I would say to go for it! I have been in the industry for 20 years and I think the CEM program for everyone at all stages of their career.
5. How did you start your career in this industry?
I fell into events. I started in the association world planning executive meetings and staff retreats as part of my role. I enjoyed these tasks over grant writing and was happy to find out I could plan events for a living.
6. How have you made a difference with your show or with working with a client by applying the knowledge you gained by obtaining your CEM designation?
It has made me more confident in speaking with our show teams. It has also allowed me to think differently.
What was it that you did or implemented right after obtaining your CEM?
Updated my LinkedIn profile.
What did you like most about the CEM Learning Program?
What I liked most about the CEM Learning Program was that it covered the array of topics, so it broadened my knowledge base and provided insight to how to work better with Sales and Marketing teams.